Cache space size?(v6.2.2)

adyy48

Hello,

I'm trying to find out why is this space difference in may cache pool with 1x240gb ssd and 1x120gb ssd, after using btrfs disk usage calculator with raid 1 i should have 120gb of usable space.

In SMB share i have 167 gb of total space on my only share(iso2) with cache only option and my appdata with prefered.

In web UI i have a total of 180 gb of total space with 62 gb free (my iso share is full) how do i still have 60gb of free space and why do i lose only 40 gb?

All my cache is protected in green! a total of 167 gb minimum, how is unraid able to achieve this?

Off topic: how does dual parity disk work? i have seen explanations only for one disk, sum of every disk = parity but when the second disk pops in, how it is able to replace any 2 fallen disks of an array and still able to rebuil? from what mathematical operations is the second parity disk made of?

EDIt: how do i still have 60gb of free space? i found out that a have a .img disk with size on disk 65.1 GB less then 120gb space alocated.

Why does unraid sees that space as free space? that disk was converted from a .vmdk with this command: qemu-img convert -p -f vmdk -O raw.

Is there a way to really alocate all the space to a img disk?

thank you!

Thank's for the link, very usefull.

I have changed chache mode to simple to have a total of ~360gb.

Q1.

Do i have to run balance regularly or is it auto like move is in schedule setting?

if i do have to run it, curently it says "-dconvert=raid1 -mconvert=raid1", i need to change it to =simple again in order to run balance?

Q2.

In the defaul setup of the cache, raid 1 i believe. when i removed the smalles ssd my chache was unmountable thus my files not accesible.

Was it a raid 1 with falt tolerance 1 disk or not?

Thank you for your time!

Q1.

Do i have to run balance regularly or is it auto like move is in schedule setting?

You don't need to balance again unless you add another device, it's also not done automatically, because it's not needed.

Q2.

In the defaul setup of the cache, raid 1 i believe. when i removed the smalles ssd my chache was unmountable thus my files not accesible.

Was it a raid 1 with falt tolerance 1 disk or not?

This happens if you just unassign one of the devices and start the array, it needs to be correctly removed from the pool, disconnected from the server or completely cleared or else you'll get unmontable cache pool.

Prety clear! Thank's

How about initial/default cache mode, is it raid 1 as you can lose any drive and still have your data?

I now experience ram problems, i can;t use all of my installed ram. - didn;t whant to start a new topic, not shure if it is the right thing...

Memory size: allocated 7.979 GB

installed 10 GB (max. capacity 24 GB)

I sweat to god that was all usable when i first booted unraid on this hardware.

Does this have anything to do with booting my unraid flash in multiple system for testing?

Does unraid has to be reinstalled when change harware?

Thank you for your king help!