Joining Active Directory 6.2.2

I'm having trouble in joining one of my unraid servers to the domain of a Windows 2012 R2 AD which is running on a physical box. The 1st DNS server IP on the unraid box is pointing to the DC box and the unraid server name appears when I look under the Computers folder in the Active Directory Users and Computers section. But each time I put in my AD credentials when the page refreshes it still says 'Not Joined'.

I was hoping to be able to get the Emby Docker to see the shares on the Windows box but can't get it to work. Of course I can easily see the shares on the unraid box itself if I transfer the files over but that's it.

Most of the posts I've looked at searching are much older posts involving older versions. Anyone been able to successfully join the domain in 6.2.2?

Try waiting a bit to see if the status changes from "Not Joined" to "Joined".

If the status stays as not joined, try this:

I had the same trouble joining to a 2008R2 DC using my account which is a member of Domain Admins.

Using the LOCAL administrator account of the domain controller is what worked for me.

Try using that local administrator account to join the domain.

I was hoping to be able to get the Emby Docker to see the shares on the Windows box but can't get it to work. Of course I can easily see the shares on the unraid box itself if I transfer the files over but that's it.

You could try using the Unassigned Devices plugin to mount the smb path to a local path then use the local path in your emby docker.  I do this for a different docker i'm using.  One thing to note is that you need to restart the docker engine to get it to see the new path.

As for adding unraid to ad, i gave up on that in the v5 releases, it rarely ever worked.  It was solid in v4 though.