Considering Thermaltake Core case

bobbintb

I'm looking at getting a new case. I currently have a Norco 4220. It's great but I need something less of a server and more versatile. I'll probably sell it if anyone wants to make me an offer.

Anyway, I came across some of the Thermaltake Core cases like x9. does anyone have any experience with them or opinions. It's been awhile since I bought a case. One priority is number of hard drives I can use. I had gotten the Norco for that but realized I'm never going to have that many drives at one time. So I need a lot of drives but not 20 or so. Airflow and fans is another but I think all those cases are good for that. Loudness is also something to consider, to a lesser extent. Can anyone make a recommendation? Just looking for ideas. Motherboard is Extended ATX.

• 1 month later...

did you sold you norco yet?

if not what backplane version have on it, and does it have 120 fan wall or 80, i may be interest

thanks

Still have it. I'll check. If you don't hear from me in a few days, PM me. I won't sell it until I get a replacement anyway. I'm thinking of making a custom one over the holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont have a Norco, but i believe you have to unscrew the backplane to check if v1 or v2, have you ever have the case full of hard drive and all working? , please pm how much you want for it, i live in canada so please considers shipping cost also

thank you

Archived