Jump to content

bobbintb

Members
  • Content Count

    1168
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

12 Good

About bobbintb

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Converted

  • Gender
    Undisclosed
  • MSN Messenger
    roberttheed@gmail.com

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. It's been a while since I reguarly paid attention to the temps but they usually stay in the low to mid 30's range. I rarely see one spike above 40. The reason I built the case in the first place was because I had drives overheating in my 4U server rack, of course since it was in my basement and not really in a lower temperature server room. I haven't had a problem since with this. As I mentioned, I'm considering buying 8 140mm PWM fans and mounting four on each row under the drives. I might do it just to see how much better is but they stay plenty cool how they are. There is plenty of space between them to let each one "breath" and being vertical the heat just radiates out and up. Of course, this is just my personal experience. It's not like I have any data points.
  2. A bit of an update. I changed the way the drives are attached. You can see it in the new photo. A few other minor improvements. I am thinking about making it a bit taller and putting fans under the drives to cool them by blowing straight up but to be honest the orientation of the drives, the spacing and the open concept seem to be doing a good enough job without fans. It would be cooler though, no pun intended. I have decided to start selling these so if anyone is interested let me know.
  3. I made a custom case a while ago and am thinking about starting to sell them. I've made a number of improvements (for instance, the drives now hang down insgtead of stand up) to the original but you can see the original thread here: If anyone is interested, let me know. I'd like to build more but I am hesitant to sink a bunch of money into mass production if there is little interest. I may just stick to an order by order basis otherwise.
  4. I think it's more likely the fault at the bottom. Maybe xmlrpclib didn't import correctly.
  5. Usually that's an issue with the directory not being accessible by rutorrent but if it is creating the files in the folder, it may be a permissions issue as you said. Have you tried checking the permissions?
  6. You edited the rc file directly? If so, not sure why that wouldn't work.
  7. I haven't used that script but I've used curl in a bash script to send those same commands to it and it deletes it and removes it. What is the error you are getting?
  8. I used the same port as the webui, 90 in my case.
  9. Have you tried it yet? It looks like it deletes it to me.
  10. I'm looking for some cheap 200mm fans. This is proving to be harder than anticipated. 120mm are easy to find for a few bucks each but I'm lucky to find anything under $15 for 200mm fans. I don't care so much about noise as I do price (preferably no LEDs), since I need 8 of them. Any suggestions? I'm crossing my finger for something under $10 each but that's probably not going to happen.
  11. Yeah, I figured that. My provider has port forwarding but it is extra. How much extra I don't know. Is there anything I can do without needing port forwarding? Change the port rtorrent uses? Networking was never my strong suit.
  12. I'm having trouble getting an open port. I presume it has to do with the VPN. I opened the port on my router. I don't use PIA. Any idea what I need to do?
  13. This is probably a rediculous question but has anyone had much luck with Bluestacks in a Windows VM? I have hyper-v off in the VM but Bluestacks is still giving me messages that it can't use hardware-acceleration. It's probably too much to ask to use Bluestacks in a VM, huh?
  14. I am using a VM for gaming. How do I use a microphone? I have my GPU passthrough working and HDMI audio. I have onboard audio but I haven't the slightest clue how to passthrough the microphone.
  15. I did notice on the last screenshot you don't have Sonarr enabled (use Sonarr). I doubt that's causing the issue though. Additionally, one of your paths in the screenshot for Sonarr doesn't have a "/" at the end. Believe it or not, I've had programs break before because of that (sloppy programming IMHO). That might be an issue here. Edit: I'm pretty sure that's it because I removed the trailing slash from one of my paths and now it's freaking out about invalid paths and instead of /movies/movie_name it's showing /moviemovie_name. I'll submit a bug on the project page. Again, sloppy programming. Add a trailing slash and that should fix it.