Win7 VM install help on 6.2.4.. hangs at "Starting Windows" Loading Screen

mikejtt

Hey Everyone Merry Christmas.

Hopefully someone can help me in my Win7 VM install ..

I have a Gigabyte GA-B75N and intel i7-3770 cpu in my NAS server and would like to run a VM on there.

I have a few different WIN7 ISO's and have been trying to install one of them on my unraid VM with no success.

I have tried different virtio drivers, changed logical cpu amounts and lowered memory amounts and it still hangs on the "Starting Wimdows" loading screen.

I have read in forums that you need to switch from VNC Graphics card to the Cirrus graphics for win7 installs since winblows cannot handle the VNC graphics at installation. However I do not have the Cirrus graphic option available to me in the Win7 VM template ? I only have the VNC card available ?

I looked in the Gigabyte GA-B75N bios to see if there is other graphics settings to try but had no luck ?

Anyone have a suggestion I can try to get this working ?

I cannot install a graphics card in the server since I have the motherboard in a NAS server packed in there with 8 HD's and use the video capability of the motherboard in this system.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Mike  :) :) :)

I have read in forums that you need to switch from VNC Graphics card to the Cirrus graphics for win7 installs since winblows cannot handle the VNC graphics at installation. However I do not have the Cirrus graphic option available to me in the Win7 VM template ? I only have the VNC card available ?

Switch to advanced view in the upper right corner of the edit screen.

I have all advanced menu options visible..

What I am saying is that there is NO Cirrus video option available for graphics card menu option. All I have is VNC option available.

So questions are how do I get the Cirrus video card menu option to show up or is there another way to install Win7 using VNC video card option and whatever other menu options I need to do to get it to install ??

Thanks

Mike

Thanks for your help :)

BTW I have my NAS setup to enable aggregation of two 1GE network interfaces on this server to allow 2GB total to be tranferred through it as well on my home network. The GA-B75N motherboard has two 1GE LAN ports on it configured as aggregation ports.

Wzfwaq.jpg

XOaRzr.jpg

Ahhh I enabled advanced in VM Manager settings but not the VM template area.

I can see the Cirrus settings in the advanced setting and have made it to the Win7 install screen.

That is furthur than I was before.. :) I guess I had a drink too many on Xmas tinkering with this one.

Thanks for help and I'll see if I can do the rest now.. :)