[SOLVED] Unraid Server with two NICs connected to two different networks

tokra

I have 2 networks in buildings because of wifi connection from groundfloor dont reach 1st floor, I made two wifi nets, routers interconnected with lan cable. my unraid is only connected to 2nd LAN. But in that case users connected to ground floor LAN wont reach UNRAID. I would like to connect unraid to both networks, I have 2 NICs in UNRAID server. However I dont know how to set it correctly, I event dont know how to set it. Currently I have set "bond" but when i plugin both LANs only one is active, because bond acts as redundancy. Any thoughts how to set it correctly so Unraid is connected to both LANs and reachable from both.

Here is network scheme:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0DLkIfwhVMESHN4d0pGUEk2T0U/view?usp=sharing

Like I said, you need to:

• Remove the bond.
  • Configure eth0 to be compatible with LAN1. So IP address 192.168.1.x/24. If you want access to the Internet set the gateway to the address of LAN1's router (which is 192.168.1.z, where a popular choice for z might be 1).
  • Configure eth1 to be compatible with LAN2. So IP address 192.168.2.y/24.

Of course, x and y need to be unique within their respective networks.

Like I said, you need to:

• Remove the bond.
  • Configure eth0 to be compatible with LAN1. So IP address 192.168.1.x/24. If you want access to the Internet set the gateway to the address of LAN1's router (which is 192.168.1.z, where a popular choice for z might be 1).
  • Configure eth1 to be compatible with LAN2. So IP address 192.168.2.y/24.

Of course, x and y need to be unique within their respective networks.

Let me try. I let you know in a moment

By the way, you do not have it set up as the link you referenced ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0DLkIfwhVMESHN4d0pGUEk2T0U/view  ).  Notice the difference in the third group  (192.168.X.xxx) in the figure from the actual settings on your unRAID Ethernet interfaces.  I suspect that problems will crop up down the road.  (Making the change to that setting will require that you reconfigure one of the routers!) 

You might want to look at making one of your routers act as a Network Access Point rather than a router as SOME routers have that capability.  Google "network access point vs wireless router" for more information.