Trouble identifying drives after unRAID migration

Hello all, you've got a Noob here. I've been enjoying unRAID for the past 7months & have been using the 15bay Rosewill setup with a 3ware 9650SE-16ML RAID card (15 HDDs for storage/parity & 1 SSD for cache). All has been good2go, aside from the 3Gbps limit of course.

However, in my attempts to somewhat future proof the setup, I've recently acquired a 36bay Supermicro system from eBay with a LSI SAS 9211-8i HBA card (IT mode) & two SAS2 expanders already installed. I ran a few tests before attempting to migrate & felt confident after reading a few posts as to how to proceed with the migration.

I took screenshots of the MAIN tab beforehand & the transition went pretty smooth up until it was time to reassign the SSD/HDDs. I didn't pay much attention before beginning the process/past 7months but it seems that the 3ware RAID card assigns an alphanumeric "identifier" which doesn't match up with any of the drive's serial#s. This became apparent after noticing that the LSI card displays the actual serial# to reassign the original drives. The alphanumeric identifier won't match up. I even tried to assign every drive in the drop-down to a few of the slots but no love...always indicates that it's a "Wrong" match.

I've searched for a solution before posting & have yet to come across anything related. I'm thinking that I'd first have to switch everything back over to the 3ware RAID card and alter an unknown setting in the card's config utility.

I've attached 2screenshots; #1 is the 3ware card & #2 is the LSI card with the drop-down.

I do have all the data already backed up but has anyone come across this issue? Is there a known solution without having 2blow out all my data & start over?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

1._list_of_drives_before_migration.jpg.7e2a51e3b8493ee25a51ddd937fabeae.jpg

2._unable_to_identify_drives.jpg.cdf51968ef647de5e7be8058fe6b04e9.jpg

If you don't care about the data disks order, and since you know which one is parity, just do a new config, reassign all disks, only thing that matters is that parity is in the parity slot, check the box "parity is already valid" and start the array.

Yup, and IF you see any DATA drive that says un-mountable or is asked to be formatted [glow=red,2,300]STOP[/glow] and seek assistance here!!

johnnie.black & mr-hexen, you guys are on it...thank you both for the rapid response!!!

All is good to go now & I've started the parity check...which I'm expecting to complete in about half the time (give or take) compared to the avg of 151/2hrs from before. The MAIN tab & system devices are now both displaying the HDD's serial#. I assume this is how most unRAIDers have their's displayed but I knew nothing different since that was my first setup.

A question still lingers for me though, was there a setting that I could have altered with the 3ware card's config that would have displayed my drives differently/properly?