Forcing Unraid to recognise an older disk configuration?

Hi guys, I've gotten myself into a bit of an issue and I'm hoping someone can help me out of it.

I'm running Unraid 5.0.5 and everything has been running fine (no errors, no red balled disks or anything). I noticed one of my disks was starting to develop a lot of noise when being read/written so I figured I would pre-emptively replace it. I stopped the array, powered down swapped out the disk that I thought was noisy and commenced a data rebuild. During the data rebuild the rebuild speeds were periodically dropping very low (15Mb/s) and there was a lot of drive noise from the drive immediately above the one I had replaced. I had obviously misidentified the noisy disk and swapped out the wrong one by mistake so I have cancelled the data rebuild.

I would like to reinstall the original disk which still has all data intact, however Unraid now no longer recognises that disk as being the correct disk since it has already initialised the new disk. Is there a way to force Unraid to recognise the old disk as being the correct disk so that I can reinstall it? Just to make things a little more complicated the original disk is a 2TB and the disk I was replacing it with is a 3TB.

I'm assuming I need to mess with the configuration file, but don't want to touch it without confirmation first.

Do a parity check. Examine the SMART attributes of all your disks and possibly do an extended SMART test on each before deciding which if any need replacing. If you want any help deciding post the results. You really should upgrade to V6. Even if you only want NAS features, V6 is a much improved NAS with better diagnostics, notifications of problems, and other features.