Accidental Deletion of Docker Template

kpc180

I will skip the long silly story as to how it happened... but here's my situation.  Just rest assured that I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing...ever.

I have accidentally deleted the user-docker template for the Plex docker I'm currently using from the flash (assuming it was a remnant from a previous error I made with Plex).

Now when I go to the Plex docker and click on it to edit it - everything is blank and it doesn't even seem to ask the same questions I remember just very generic and very blank.

The docker itself continues to work as if nothing has changed.

It still shows my Volume Mappings on the main Docker page (but not when I click on the actual application to edit the docker.  So it isn't a big problem curretnly but I see it being a pain in the future.  For example if I needed to add a new volume mapping - or make any other change.

Is there a good way to undo this?

I simply removed the Docker and then brought it back pointing at the same spots.  Everything seems back to normal. 

I didn't install any other plugins prior to this...

What started this was me trying to remove a duplicate share that was created by mistake when I was messing around with my Plex server a few months back. 

I already had a place set up for the app data/meta info, but at some point I changed something and it automatically created a new share which populated it with double meta. 

I pointed it back to where it needed to go but ever since I've been left with an undeletable Share that is the folder structure for my duplicated Plex appdata/Meta.

Simply browsing in windows it allows me to "delete" the folders but after a very long time of it showing me it is deleting 10s of thousands of items it finishes... and everything is the exact same.  I believe all of the folders are actually empty once you drill down through them, but Unraid doesn't seem to think so when I go to the share settings to see if I can delete it (it still says "Share contains data").

After randomly looking around I realized I had 2 Docker templates (1 was user-Plex and the other was under limetech).  So I figured that user one must be part of the mistake one... incorrect.

I've read I should install dolphin and that should let me kill the share (or I could attempt telenet or MC)... but at this point I'm thinking I may just leave it - my skills usually wind up with me messing more things up than fixing them.

I simply removed the Docker and then brought it back pointing at the same spots.  Everything seems back to normal. 

I didn't install any other plugins prior to this...

What started this was me trying to remove a duplicate share that was created by mistake when I was messing around with my Plex server a few months back. 

I already had a place set up for the app data/meta info, but at some point I changed something and it automatically created a new share which populated it with double meta. 

I pointed it back to where it needed to go but ever since I've been left with an undeletable Share that is the folder structure for my duplicated Plex appdata/Meta.

Simply browsing in windows it allows me to "delete" the folders but after a very long time of it showing me it is deleting 10s of thousands of items it finishes... and everything is the exact same.  I believe all of the folders are actually empty once you drill down through them, but Unraid doesn't seem to think so when I go to the share settings to see if I can delete it (it still says "Share contains data").

After randomly looking around I realized I had 2 Docker templates (1 was user-Plex and the other was under limetech).  So I figured that user one must be part of the mistake one... incorrect.

I've read I should install dolphin and that should let me kill the share (or I could attempt telenet or MC)... but at this point I'm thinking I may just leave it - my skills usually wind up with me messing more things up than fixing them.

This doesn't sound like you are using things in the "normal" way. I am guessing what you had that was deleting "10s of thousands" was the appdata folder for a plex docker. But that folder should not be a share itself. That folder should be a subfolder of the appdata share.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your problem.

Sorry, I didn't explain that well. I have a share on my cache titled "Apps" that Is my share for appdata.  Somehow I also created a share called "appdata" - I think that happened by leaving a default path that noticed it didn't exist and so it created it for me and then placed the second appdata dump for plex within it.