Lost Network connection

Bofra

I have been having router issues which causes me to have to hard boot the router. While the router is down I lose all connectivity to the UNRAID server and on the local screen I see "IRQ #42 is disabled" so far I have been forced to reboot the server which of course causing parity issues.

Is there a way I can re-enable the disabled ethernet connection?

It might be the case that IRQ 42 is used by your Ethernet card. Try it in a different PCIe slot. Better still type

diagnostics

into the console then shutdown cleanly with the

poweroff

command, remove your boot USB device and plug it into your PC. Copy the diagnostics zip file from the logs folder and attach it to your next post.

It worked fine for nearly a month but on 8th Feb IRQ 42 was ignored and disabled and shortly afterwards your eth0 device was reset:

Feb  8 07:35:56 Carver_Server1 kernel: e1000e 0000:07:00.0 eth0: Reset adapter unexpectedly

Feb  8 07:35:56 Carver_Server1 kernel: br0: port 1(eth0) entered disabled state

Feb  8 07:35:57 Carver_Server1 dhcpcd[1880]: br0: carrier lost

but it uses IRQ 17, not 42. I have no idea what is using IRQ 42 as it's only mentioned the one time in the syslog. I don't know whether this was related to your router problems but a reboot should fix it, until next time. Perhaps once you fix your router it won't happen again. You have another NIC port that currently doesn't seem to be used. You could try using it instead.

If you lose network connectivity you can shut down cleanly from the console with

poweroff

and avoid the tedious parity check.