License question

kroovy

I have an HP Microserver gen 8 and just got started with unRAID. I have 4 WD reds, 1 usb for unraid, and 1 ssd cache. Because I have 6 drives, I was planning to get the 6 drive license. However, when I look at my device page, I see that there is an unassigned device with 268MB of space for HP iLO. Will this extra "device" prohibit me from using the basic license? If yes, is there any way I can remove it so I can qualify for the basic license?

Thanks

I have an HP Microserver gen 8 and just got started with unRAID. I have 4 WD reds, 1 usb for unraid, and 1 ssd cache. Because I have 6 drives, I was planning to get the 6 drive license. However, when I look at my device page, I see that there is an unassigned device with 268MB of space for HP iLO. Will this extra "device" prohibit me from using the basic license? If yes, is there any way I can remove it so I can qualify for the basic license?

Thanks

Not sure about the HP iLO but the usb for the unraid server does not count against your device count.

It isn't the licence that's the problem - he only has 5 devices so still has the potential for one more - but the lack of space inside the Microserver. There isn't room to fit another disk. Unless the OP plans to expand outside the case using either eSATA, SAS or USB 3 a Plus licence would be wasted. I have four disks inside, four outside, two cache SSDs mounted on a bracket next to the PSU and a BluRay drive in the optical bay, which does justify a Plus licence.