Is this a good deal for SuperMicro X7SBE Motherboard?

mifronte

Until the end of this month (03/31/2010) the retail version of the SuperMicro X7SBE motherboard can be had for a grand total of $219.99 with free shipping  (no tax in my location and using $20 coupon code).

For all SuperMicro X7SBE users or potential users, would this be considered a great bargain or you have seen better bargains?

That's a good deal for a brand new board. I've seen it that cheap on newegg, but then the price jumped up.

I purchased mine used for less, but it did not come with all of the sata ports, manual or disk (just back plane) which was enough for me.

It's a fast board.  With the right hardware I was getting 110,000 kb/s parity generate speed on the outer tracks and 92,000 kb/s parity generate speed on the inner tracks.

Of course I am using a caching areca controller for parity, still it shows the potential here.

When testing motherboard only ports I was getting write speeds of 39mb/s doing a dd test of 10Gb using two seagate 1.5tb 32MB 7200RPM drives.  this was the highest I have ever seen on any of my boards.

I'm pretty happy with this board.

Now I'm trying to decided to go with 2 of the PCI-X 8 port sata card or the PCIe 8 port SAS/SATA card.