quick question (for future "pimping")

tmp31416

hello all --

did not find an answer after some (too) quick searching, so how would one go about shrinking pictures of one's rig so that they would be "uploadable" to this forum?

...and how does one embed them in a message?

whilst i can't pimp my current, but still evolving rig (close to be finished, though!), i could at least brag about my old rig  :-)

cheers.

hello all --

did not find an answer after some (too) quick searching, so how would one go about shrinking pictures of one's rig so that they would be "uploadable" to this forum?

...and how does one embed them in a message?

whilst i can't pimp my current, but still evolving rig (close to be finished, though!), i could at least brag about my old rig  :-)

cheers.

I upload mine to www.tinypic.com

It then provides a "[ i m g ] image.url [ / i m g]" tag  (without the spaces I added to keep this example from being interperted as an actual IMG tag)

to cut and paste into your post.  The image will then be in-line with the text.

look around (google yahoo search) for a program call irfanview.  It is free and very well supported.  It will do just about anything you want to images, short of photoshop like work. It even has a batch mode where it applies the same operations to all the files in a directory. It is what I have been using for three years for image manipulation.

Imgur is my favorite host, followed closely by Imageshack.  Both give you the option of resizing your pics, and give you the full img code you'll need to copy and post here (look for the option that says 'for message boards/forums').

You can also attach pictures directly to posts on these forums (click 'additional options' when making a comment).  However, I don't recommend this because it doesn't resize your photos, and it uses up the forum's bandwidth instead of an outside image host's bandwidth.  Still, it is an option.

Archived