How does the cache mover handle merged directories or duplicate files?

Newbie here.

I have installed my trial version of unRAID and I am in the process of loading my array up with data from my old WHS2011 + drive pool drives.

I have my array set up with all shares set to secure and read access only so that there is no way to write to a share. I am doing this to help protect from ransomware, etc.

I am moving my data to the array via the cache directly. I have the cache drive exported as public so that you can directly write via SMB on windows.

My current process to write data:

1. Open the cache directory mapped in windows
  2. Create a directory named exactly as the share directory you want to write to (Example: \\tower\cache\Music)
  3. Drag and drop the content and invoke the mover when the cache gets close to filling up
  4. Repeat as necessary until the data is transferred.

It has been working okay so far, but because of drive pool and my directory structures sprinkled over many drives, I will soon have to "merge" nested directory structures and duplicate files.

How does the mover handle duplicate files and merging of directory structures?

Does it merge directory structures automatically?

Example:

Today I write to the cache and use the mover to send to the array this structure/these two files:

\\tower\cache\Music\Van Halen\1984\Hot For Teacher.mp3

\\tower\cache\Music\Van Halen\1984\Panama.mp3

Tomorrow I write to the cache and use the mover to send to the array this structure/these two files:

\\tower\cache\Music\Van Halen\1984\Panama.mp3

\\tower\cache\Music\Van Halen\1984\Girl Gone Bad.mp3

Will I end up with all three.mp3's in the nested structure for a proper merge?

Will one directory replace the other so I will only end up "Panama.mp3" and "Girl Gone Bad.mp3" in the directory structure (losing Hot For Teacher.mp3) ?

How does the mover handle duplicate files? Will it choke on "Panama.mp3"

Remember, I am not writing to user shares, I am writing to cache disk pool directly.

Thanks for any advice. I want to be safe but I don't want to inadvertently lose data during this process.