Plex DVR while using the Plex docker image

Sorry if this is not the appropriate sub-forum for this, but seeing as how it pertains to Plex, Docker, and hardware, I wasn't sure exactly where to put it.

The new Plex Pass DVR feature seems pretty neat and I was considering giving it a try.  I started to think about the logistics of getting it setup, but then started to realize it might not be as simple as Plex makes it out to be considering I'm using unRAID and a docker container.

Plex currently supports multiple TV tunners (both USB and PCI-e).  I know I'll need one that works under linux obviously, but I'm wondering if I will face any additional hurtles because I'm using docker for my Plex server instance. 

The idea is that I should just be able to plug in a USB TV tuner to my unRAID server, connect any digital antenna, and then my unRAID server should recognize it.  From there I can go into the Plex webgui and activate the TV tuner.

Will this work under unRAID at all?  Has anyone tried this out yet?  I know the feature is pretty new, but I'd love to get some feedback if anyone has messed around with this feature under unRAID yet.

The easiest device to buy is the hdhomerun. No passing through to the container. 

If you get a USB tuner, you need to install the drivers for it and on unraid that means the dvb plugin. If its supported in the dvb plugin that is. After that it should only be to pass through the /dev/dvb device to the container.

This is not tested, so there is a chance it won't work.

This have already been discussed in the Linuxserver Plex thread :)

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, saarg said:

The easiest device to buy is the hdhomerun. No passing through to the container. 

If you get a USB tuner, you need to install the drivers for it and on unraid that means the dvb plugin. If its supported in the dvb plugin that is. After that it should only be to pass through the /dev/dvb device to the container.

This is not tested, so there is a chance it won't work.

This have already been discussed in the Linuxserver Plex thread :)

Ok great, thanks for the reply.  I'll check out the Linuxserver Plex thread.  I somehow didn't even think to check there.