Rajahal's used hard drive shop, CLOSED for business

Rajahal

My used hard drive shop is CLOSED for the time being.

I've decided to build a monstrous unRAID server based on a deal that was too good to pass up.  Therefore, I'm going to put all of these older and smaller drives into use in that server for the time being.  I'm leaving this thread here in case I decide to open up shop again sometime in the future.

QMpExl.jpg

I'm replacing all the 7200 rpm drives in my unRAID server with 5400 rpm 'green' drives; hence, I'm looking to get rid of a bunch of 7200 rpm drives.  If you need more information on any of them (such as SMART reports), just ask.  I can also post the serial numbers of any of these drives if there's interest in that.  For a general rule on the pricing, I'm just taking whatever the current price is for a similar drive and cutting it in half (all prices in USD).  The buyer will pay shipping, but I'll cover shipping materials (I have plenty of anti-static bags, peanuts, foam, etc.).  These will be shipping from the Western US, so you can estimate your own shipping costs.

Yes, I will haggle a bit, and yes, I will offer discounts if you purchase more than one drive and I can ship them together.  I'm only interested in trades for other drives if you have green drives 1 TB or larger.

[move]Special Magical Amazing Deal that must be read in this annoying scrolling font: If one person buys all of the drives below, I'll throw in the last one (the 250 GB) for free![/move]

• 1 TB -  $60
    SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

I believe it was one of the drives that was mistakenly listed as EcoGreen when I bought it.  I purchased it on 7/10/2009, so it is still relatively new.  It has been gently used in my unRAID server from day one.  I'm sure it is still under warranty.  I'm interested in either selling it or trading it for a 1 TB or larger green drive.  Pricing based on this drive.  I raised the price on this one a bit because it is so new.

• 500 GB - $30
    500 GB WD 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" (Black or Blue edition, I think)

I didn't buy this one from Newegg, so I don't have a link or a purchase date.  The warranty is good through November of this year, so that means it is nearly 3 years old.  I've run SMART reports on it and the only values to 'watch' were all related to how much of its life it has been spun up.  Has both SATA and Molex power connectors, which is nice.  I don't remember the cache size, but I expect it is either 8 mb or 16 mb.  Pricing based on this drive.

I back all of these used hard drives with a 'I'm really sorry if it fails on you' guarantee ;D

Why are my prices so low?  Because I love ya, baby!

2hrfV.jpg

Geez, that car sales man is the icing on the cake, now that is cheesy :) I knew you could pull a thread like that off :) Good enough bargains too, though to post them here to Oz would defeat the bargain for me in the end, though the locals can get a decent buy. Good Stuff Raj!

Archived