more then 30 drives?

I think the 2 licence bit is a good idea if it would show up as one server ? Also why are they still using a usb why not a more reliable ssd or 2 ssd's separate from the drive pool?.

I would love to be still using unraid but having a supermicro 846 (24 Drives) and a supermicro 847 Jbod (36 Drives) so 60 drives capable. But currently running 48 drives with a mix of 4 - 8 and 10TB drives. But i've gone back to windows server 2019 as I'm over the 30 drive limit and can't get on with truenas ? don't know why ?.

1 hour ago, scrambled-bombing6706 said:

I think the 2 licence bit is a good idea if it would show up as one server ? Also why are they still using a usb why not a more reliable ssd or 2 ssd's separate from the drive pool?.

I would love to be still using unraid but having a supermicro 846 (24 Drives) and a supermicro 847 Jbod (36 Drives) so 60 drives capable. But currently running 48 drives with a mix of 4 - 8 and 10TB drives. But i've gone back to windows server 2019 as I'm over the 30 drive limit and can't get on with truenas ? don't know why ?.

Note that you can already go way over the 30 drive limit if you use pools.   That limit only applies to the main array in the current release and even that is likely to. change in a future Unraid release.

On 10/25/2023 at 6:05 PM, itimpi said:

Note that you can already go way over the 30 drive limit if you use pools.   That limit only applies to the main array in the current release and even that is likely to. change in a future Unraid release.

Yes I know you can with pools. But my 48 Drives would be in the main array in unraid ? And yes I could go out and buy a load of bigger drives to make my array smaller but I've got all my drives for the same cost as about 3 x 22TB drives at £1500 and I'd need 14 x 22TB drives at over £7K maybe one day but not at the moment.