CPU temp - 51degC in IPMI, 26degC in Dynamix

al_uk

I have a Supermicro X10sra-F with a Xeon e5-2620v3 cpu.

Dynamix System Temp shows a nice cool CPU temp of 26degC.

IPMI plugin and also the IPMI web interface shows a temp of 51 deg.

Which one should I believe. The cpu heatsink + fan is cool to the touch and the thernal paste was done according to the instructions and has spread well.

Cheers

Capture1.PNG.7ee7c002878a6afe1822680a00eeeea4.PNG

Capture2.thumb.PNG.f39a6c874b2dcc7de0b98a20283f9660.PNG

Edited by al_uk
  • 3 months later...

Supermicro boards have a long history of not having a correct scaling lm-sensors and need to be offset.

I had this in the past on other linux distribution, but this probably would be the case with your machine.

You can correct this by setting the correct offset values in the sensors configuration.

Guide for this u can find here, not for Unraid but should do the same with sensors 3.4 on Unraid:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/lm_sensors#Example_1._Adjusting_temperature_offsets

(If it does not correct it directly after placing the file, it could be that u need to run sensors -s.)

Some configs u can find here: https://github.com/groeck/lm-sensors/tree/master/configs/SuperMicro 

Mainly for the older boards, u could try supermicro support as well to get a config solution.

Some boards don't report to well with out superdoctor being installed on the system.

But i would try the offset route first, and see if that corrects the issue your having.

• 2 years later...

Hi.

Did you ever figure this out?

I have exactly the same problem with my X10SRA-F with a Xeon e5-2650L v3 cpu. I RMA'd the board thinking it was faulty but the new one had exactly the same readings. When I check lm-sensors in the OS the CPU looks normal and about 30 degrees C whereas IPMI is showing 60 degrees C.

Many thanks