Unraid as VM Server

I am trying to setup an Unraid server and wanted to set it up to have several vms, only one of which I will ever access physically, the rest of which I want to just RDP / VNC to. Since these other VMs will not require physical output - will I NEED multiple graphics cards to have them run in parallel?

For example:

I have 1 Power VM (that I will be connecting peripherals to)

Then I want to have 2 more VMs that I want to be able to access at the same time through RDP. Will both of these need a dedicated GPU to be able to run? Can I just have one that can work for both of them since I wont need pass through support?

I dont quite know how to search for this kind of a situation and extensive googling has resulted it very many answers. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, nuhll said:

And for unraid. So atleast 2 GPUs (iGPU works fine for unraid). - as far as i know.

It depends on hardware, but you can do it with 1.

I have a z400 with no integrated gpu, and 2 GPUs. It runs 2 desktop VMs with 1 gpu for each VM.

When the server boots, it uses one of the GPUs. When the VM that is assigned to that GPU starts, it takes over the GPU. Only "issue" I have running this is when the VM sharing the GPU with unRaid shuts down, it doesn't return the GPU to unRaid's control/output. But I don't need that anyways so it's no big deal.

Some people have more issues than others getting this to work (if at all) and have to (at times) pass through the bios for the gpu. I did not have to do that.