2 Disks missing due to misidentification?

thehecklerj

Hello LimeTech Community,

My system is currently in a down state with 2 of 8 Array devices reported as missing.  Though the disks are listed as missing, they are available in the "Unassigned Devices", but the identification is slightly different than what is missing.  

I do not know what causes the disk to report differently.  Please reference screenshots below.  Please note that the only difference during this boot cycle, the device reports model 1F178, whereas now it simply states 1F1.  These issues are not uncommon and tend to appear after power loss events.

Please let me know what I can do to re-associate these devices without loss of data.  Also if there is a way to configure an alias so that regardless of the detection of 1F1 or 1F178, the array can properly start without intervention.   

Missing Disk:  

MissingDevices.png.a1383b5e32e82eeed4aa9412ccaf95a2.png

Unassigned Device:

UnassignedDevice.png.a54f5a40854e19865a65fd46dd13e8f7.png

(notice the missing "78" in the model numbers)

6 hours ago, thehecklerj said:

I do not know what causes the disk to report differently.  Please reference screenshots below.  Please note that the only difference during this boot cycle, the device reports model 1F178, whereas now it simply states 1F1.  These issues are not uncommon and tend to appear after power loss events.

What controller are they using? In doubt post your diagnostics.

Please let me know what I can do to re-associate these devices without loss of data.

You can but you'll have the same problem if tit changes back in the future.

Also if there is a way to configure an alias so that regardless of the detection of 1F1 or 1F178, the array can properly start without intervention.   

No, you have to replace whatever it's causing the identification to change.

Archived