Has anyone used a ASUS M3N-HT DELUXE Nforce 780A motherboard with two Supermicro

perfessor101

Has anyone used a ASUS M3N-HT DELUXE Nforce 780A motherboard with two Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 Marvell 6480 8 Channel SAS/SATA RAID PCI-E Cards?

will it work? or do I just have to experiment?

I'm looking to change my server case to a Norco RPC-4220 and was thinking of changing the motherboard to this one.  (Then I can reuse more old hardware and get a bit of a boost in the system specs)

{{{I "Know" system specs "don't" matter for an unRaid Server}}} but when SHFS was hitting 110% and my media was stuttering so badly with a "more than adequate" intel processor ...

This processor is from an old HTPC I decommisioned and the motherboard is not compatable with two Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 cards (as in only one PCI-E16 and 2 PCI-EI and 3 x PCI slots)

I'm looking for an AM2 motherboard with 2 or more available PCI-E4 or greater slots that is compatible with the Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 ...

I'll be throwing an AMD Phemon 9500 in the motherboard and 4 x 2 GB DDR2-800 memory.  Possibly later throwing a Phenom 9850 in ... or maybe even later a ...

Thanks for your time,

Bobby

Archived