[SOLVED] Kernel panic error after upgrading to 6.4.0

djg85

I was running the latest 6.3.x release and updated to 6.4 a few days ago.  I get the following when I restart:

640error.JPG.9e2d1ee02031cff84d7b7d7b5c2a64b1.jpg.61e12d2ef2eae42b852ebe27abc8d589.jpg

The error is the same no matter what boot option I chose in the boot menu.  I am running UnRAID under ESXi 6.5 and using PLOP to boot to the USB.  USB is detected fine in ESXi and as it starts to boot into UnRAID I don't think there is anything wrong with the USB itself.  I also took a copy of it's contents prior to restarting (but after running the upgrade) and there were no errors during the copy.

Any ideas on what I can try to resolve this?  The server is in a bit of an awkward place to get to the USB which is why I haven't tried putting 4.3.x back on again yet.  Posted in the release thread but got no response and I can see someone else posted the same in one of the beta forums, again with no response so I'm hoping there is a fix of some kind :(

OK, so yanked the USB out and did a clean install of 6.4.0.  Copied over my key and disk.cfg.  Updated network.cfg with the correct IP details and booted up.  I get the web UI now however only the cache and boot disk show.  The parity and data drives have been unassigned although do still appear in the dropdown when I select a disk to assign a drive.  The array status is  "Array Stopped - stale configuration".  If I add all the drives again they are all treated as new disks so the parity drive will need rebuilt.

What can I do to avoid this and get all the drives to show as before?  I trust the parity as it had been checked not too long before the update and there had been no errors or disk warnings prior to the upgrade.  Also whats the best/quickest way of adding existing plugins/dockers back?  The data was stored in a .apps folder on cache drive before and should still be there.  I just dont want to need to go through configuring everything again.  This upgrade has turned into a nightmare and I still have another one to do :(

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

You need to copy super.dat from the old flash, not disk.cfg

O.o Oops!  Been a while since I've had to copy files during an update (or restore)!  Many thanks johnnie.black :).

Copied my docker config across and have an issue with docker not able to see the configs for anything but thats another issue and I'm sure I've seen some posts about it somewhere.

Thanks again

• djg85 changed the title to [SOLVED] Kernel panic error after upgrading to 6.4.0