We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

(solved) Moved Unraid to New Server and it doesn't see the drives.

Wavey

I just bought SuperMicro 846BA-R920B 24x LFF 4U Server W/ X9DRI-LN4F+ and I added an ASR-72405 to manage the drives.

I put the ASR into HBA mode, and started it up. Unraid comes up but it only sees the drives connected to the motherboard Sata connections. Basically anything through the ASR is not showing up. I attached my Diagnostics and would love to see if you see anything I'm doing wrong. This is my first time dealing with enterprise hardware so I hope I'm doing this right.

Thanks!

diagnostics-20180126-2107.zip

I'm not sure that controller is totally supported, but unRAID does load the driver, so it might work, but yours is crashing:

Jan 26 20:53:52 MIKESDESKTOP kernel: aacraid 0000:82:00.0: AAC0:aac_src_check_health:KERNEL_PANIC detected - bcff0100
Jan 26 20:53:52 MIKESDESKTOP kernel: aacraid: aac_fib_send: adapter blinkLED 0xff.
Jan 26 20:53:52 MIKESDESKTOP kernel: Usually a result of a serious unrecoverable hardware problem
Jan 26 20:53:52 MIKESDESKTOP kernel: aacraid 0000:82:00.0: AAC0:aac_get_adapter_info:Driver Init: RequestAdapterInfo( ) failed - -14
Jan 26 20:53:52 MIKESDESKTOP kernel: aacraid 0000:82:00.0: AAC0:aac_probe_one:aac_get_adapter_info failed--14

You can try upgrading to v6.4 which will probably have a newer driver, if it's the same you might have an issue with the controller.

6 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

I'm not sure that controller is totally supported, but unRAID does load the driver, so it might work, but yours is crashing:

You can try upgrading to v6.4 which will probably have a newer driver, if it's the same you might have an issue with the controller.

Yea ive only seen two mentions of this card on the forum but i know someone on reddit who has it and uses unraid successfully, ive been bugging him as well.

Also been a bit weary of upgrading the OS since i dont know if all my plugins are compatible but I’ll try.

7 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

I upgraded and its still not working. One thing i noticed was that the firmware for the controller is from 2012, the original. would upgrading the firmware make any difference?

On 1/27/2018 at 9:53 AM, johnnie.black said:

Worth a try, same for using a different slot or a different board just for testing if available.

Updating the firmware did it! Everything is working fine. 

For or anyone in the future just update it to the most current. Mine now is the Feb 2017 build. 

I used Rufus to make the bootable freedos and this video below. 

Archived