We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Moving license to a new server

ashman70

I have an existing unRAID server and another server I just built on a trial license.  If I wanted to move the license from the first server to the new one I just built, how would I do that? The only thing running on the first server that I want to keep is a Windows 10 virtual machine that runs off an SSD. I can move this SSD to the new server and I imagine there might be some reconfiguring to do for the virtual machine since the new server is different hardware and an AMD instead of intel CPU.  Go I have to do anything since the GUID's attached to the licenses are different?

1 minute ago, ashman70 said:

I have an existing unRAID server and another server I just built on a trial license.  If I wanted to move the license from the first server to the new one I just built, how would I do that? The only thing running on the first server that I want to keep is a Windows 10 virtual machine that runs off an SSD. I can move this SSD to the new server and I imagine there might be some reconfiguring to do for the virtual machine since the new server is different hardware and an AMD instead of intel CPU.  Go I have to do anything since the GUID's attached to the licenses are different?

The license is tied to the USB stick, not the hardware the USB key is inserted into.

For the VM I would move the virtual disk to the new server and see what happens,  But it may not work I guess

Archived