We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Unusual shut downs

rhinoman

My current system was built around 4/5 years ago, normally running a few dockers, a few plugins, a couple of lightweight VMs. Only hardware changes over the last few years is bigger drives. It usually stays up for months on end.

Just before Xmas I started a few drive upgrades, removing some older small ones that were beginning to show errors and create a little more space. All was well untill the recent upgrade to 6.4.0. Upgrade went fine but I had following issues with a pre-clear via the plugin so removed the plugin which I understand seems to be a known issue. Following this I have been getting system hangs. Can't ping the server resulting in a hard power done. Reboot, let parity complete and then soon after another freeze. This happened a couple of times. I downloaded the diagnostics plugin and that showed the only real issue being a couple of SSD's in my array (but they have been there for a couple of years) and Call Traces (whatever that is?) I then removed most plugins except CA type stuff, backup but it completed the parity check and then hung again.

I rebooted and successfully run a pass+ of memtest (its ECC ram on the approved list for the M/B)

I've now rebooted into safe mode and its running parity again, the last three successive parity checks showed no errors.

My diagnostics is attached fi somebody could offer some advice please.

unraid-diagnostics-20180130-2132.zip

You might want to read next three posts in this link:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/68750-unraid-os-version-641-rc1-available/?tab=comments#comment-627692

and this post:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/68750-unraid-os-version-641-rc1-available/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-628238

You might want to double check to see what processor family you are using .  (I moved to the 6.4.1-rc1 family for both of my Intel processor systems until the whole mess gets straightened out.)  Please realize, I can't say this is your problem but if you had not had any problems prior to your recent upgrade...) 

OH, Stop your array and make a complete back up your flash drive before you do another thing.  That way you will have the files in the previous folder that will allow to move back to your previous version (6.4.5  6.3.5(???)).  Once you upgrade again the previous folder files will take you back to 6.4.0!  

Still had a crash after using RC6.4.1, around the time the parity check completed I think. I'd left a monitor attached and it was frozen with text across the screen.

Just rolled back to 6.3.5 and amended my Unifi docker back to bridge mode instead of a dedicated Ip which was the only other change, so I've just stated a parity check again and see how it goes.

Archived