We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

[Closed] - unRaid 6.4.0 - Freezes when doing a Parity-Check after BIOS upgrade

Muff

Hi,

My unRaid server have been running great after I've upgrade from 6.3.5 (?) to 6.4.0 but yesterday I upgrade the BIOS on my MSI - Z270 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM (MS-7A58) motherboard

To: Version: 7A58v14 Release Date: 2017-11-27

Source: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-XPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM#down-bios

and at the same time I installed a heatsink on my M.2 disk (EK-M.2 NVMe Heatsink - Black) since unRaid keeped warning about its temprature.

After this my unRaid server freezes after a short while when I start my array and it starts the Parity-Checks.

The picture (Screen1.jpg) shows what I saw yesterday before I went to bed and it was still there now when I got home from work.

Now I've rebooted the server and pulled the syslog & diagnostics files and tried again. Now I saw that it stopped at 1.2% (Parity-Checks) and the screen showed as in Screen2.jpg

Any idé?

Thank you!

Screen1.jpg

Screen1.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Screen2.jpg

muff-syslog-20180202-1801-AfterReboot.txt

muff-syslog-20180202-1744-BeforeReboot.txt

Edit 1
I noticed that (sometimes) after a reboot my M.2 is missing sometimes and it comes back after another reboot.

Edit 2
After I reseted the bios for the 2nd time and only enabled Intel-VT(?) and a couple reboot I got it to work again.

But after all this I had to re-do my cache pool and all of my container and VMs were gone.

I'll let it run over night and If I don't update this post, you can consider it "solved".

Thank you and Cheers!

Archived