We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Can't stop the array, reboot or powerdown.

turner

Today I was going to watch a movie, but everything kept buffering. Upon taking a look at my server, I noticed it was running really slow, so I decided to reboot it. It lets me click the reboot boot button, and the powerdown button but nothing happens. Trying to powerdown from the command line gives the normal warning that the system is going down, but it never does. Server remains accessible from both the gui and command line. Even trying to spin up or down the disks doesn't do anything. Most of my hardware is rather old, so it wouldn't surprise me if part of it is dying, but looking at the log, I can't see anything. If anyone has any ideas or spots something in my diagnostics that I'm not seeing, I'd appreciate it if you can point me in the right direction!

Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20180205-1420.zip

IRQ16 was disabled, this would severely degrade performance on all disks on both SAS2LP controllers, though this doesn't explain the no reboot, a bios update can help your better yet replace them with LSI controllers.

Also some your disks still reiserfs, it's a known issue for a while that it can hang unRAID v6, users are encouraged to convert to xfs, besides reiserfs is a dead filesystem with other problems.

Archived