A few drops and cache question (Solved)

mrbilky

I have a few drops on eth0 I'm not really worried about them they don't seem to interfere with anything just curious is it possible that it's caused by say a bad cable I'm only running handbrake and krusader at the moment

Another question is how bad will I hurt my transfer speeds if I were to install a second ssd to my cache, currently I'm running an m.2 nvme on board and was going to put a 2.5 ssd in the cache but I'm guessing that my fastest transfer will the bottleneck of the slower drive?

Broken retention clip on ethernet cable

1 minute ago, mrbilky said:

I have a few drops on eth0 I'm not really worried about them they don't seem to interfere with anything just curious is it possible that it's caused by say a bad cable I'm only running handbrake and krusader at the moment

Have you tried to run ifconfig to see if you have any error counters for the NIC? Start by trying to reconnect the cable in both ends - also make sure the locking pin is working as intended keeping the plug firmly seated. Next try to use a different switch port or replace the cable if you have a spare cable laying around.

Unless you have a 10Gbit/s network interface a standard SSD will be fast enough that it will not hurt your transfer speeds. It is only if you don't manage to get TRIM to work that an SSD may get write speeds slow enough that it will hurt a 1Gbit/s link.

Archived