PC is not starting when monitor not connected

Marino

Hi,

I am little confused and can't explain to me, why my PC is doing that.

The BIOS is set to continue on error and the graphic card is installed.

When a monitor is connected to the graphic card, unraid is starting. When I disconnect the monitor, because the PC should be placed without monitor in the basement, the PC is no starting. The Power-LED is on but unraid is not starting an I get no response to a ping.

Why is that so? What could I do to use it without any kind of monitor?

king regards

Nils

EDIT: When the system is not starting and a monitor is connected to it, I get no signal until I restart (cold restart :( )

Before I had unraid on this machine It was in use with OpenMediaVault and this also without a monitor. The only thing that has changed is that now unraid is installed.

- PC with monitor connected > unraid is starting

- PC with monitor cable connected, but on the other site no monitor > unraid is starting

- PC without monitor cable > unraid won't boot

- PC with OpenMediaVault and without cable > OpenMediaVault was booting without any issues and same hardware/BIOS-Settings...strange

That would be an option I think. I hope that my other unraid computer does not have this problems. But I can check this next week. 

Im am a litte bit confuse why the same hardware did not had any problems with another software (OMV). It indicates that it is something in the software.

Archived