[Solved] HP ml350e G8 Issues

SMLLR

EDIT: This is apparently solved for some reason. I installed unRaid 6.3.5 and it booted without issue. I then upgraded to 6.4.1 and it still booted no problem. Not sure what the issue was.

Hello all,

I picked up an ML350e G8 and am working to get it setup, however I am having a few issues even getting started. This may just be a hardware compatibility issue, but I would like to try to confirm that before going out and purchasing more hardware. I was hoping the hardware had been around long enough that it would be supported.

The issue I am having is I simply cannot get the network up on the server. I have tried setting up the USB both with DHCP and Static IP, however the br0 interface still comes up with a 169.254 address. Additionally, when booting into GUI mode, I cannot connect to the web interface when attempting to browse to localhost or 127.0.0.1 despite being able to ping the IP address from the server.

I tried to check the network configuration under/boot/config, however the only folder there is ssh. I have tried to build the USB stick on two different computers using two different USB sticks, so I'm not sure why I'm only seeing this one folder. I ran the diagnostics and found the following lines in lspci.txt:

06:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1521] (rev 01)
		Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Ethernet 1Gb 2-port 361i Adapter [103c:337f]
06:00.1 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1521] (rev 01)
		Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Ethernet 1Gb 2-port 361i Adapter [103c:337f]

I'm not seeing a kernel driver in use for those two items, so I'm assuming the issue is the unsupported NICs.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by SMLLR