SMLLR

Members
  • Content Count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About SMLLR

  • Rank
    Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. So I believe this may be resolved, finally. I did make a large number of changes, but I believe a BIOS update and switching server's power management to OS controlled made the most impact. I am even using the default tunable settings, which I am now going to work on tweaking in an effort to improve performance. I just find it odd that it was working perfectly fine until earlier this month...
  2. All drives show udma6 as the mode the drive is currently being used. The only difference between them is that the older, 4TB drive does not have the "Advanced power management level" line. Capabilities: LBA, IORDY(can be disabled) Queue depth: 32 Standby timer values: spec'd by Standard, no device specific minimum R/W multiple sector transfer: Max = 16 Current = 0 Advanced power management level: 164 DMA: mdma0 mdma1 mdma2 udma0 udma1 udma2 udma3 udma4 udma5 *udma6 Cycle time: min=120ns recommended=120ns PIO: pio0 pio1 p
  3. Finished up the rebuild, which averaged at 130MB/s, however the parity check still ran at 10MB/s and CPU was pegged at ~80%. I had to reduce the tunable settings to about a quarter of the original values to get back to where I was before the most recent parity check. It just seems odd to me that the rebuild is so fast without changing any settings yet the parity check goes so slow.
  4. I took the opportunity to reinstall the OS after backing up the existing configuration. As of right now, my parity rebuild is running at around 120MB/s and is 25% complete (it was running upwards of 150MB/s at the beginning). This parity rebuild is being completed with all four disks in place (three previously existing and the one new one). I fully believe all hardware is working as expected right now, however I will not know if a parity sync will work as expected until the rebuild is done tomorrow. If the parity sync works as expected, it may be worth digging in the configs to compare my old
  5. I have an HP ML350e G8 and have started to experience similar parity check issues that you were experiencing. I went through multiple parity check cycles with the default tunables an an HP H220 HBA without any issues, but started to see your problems once I added an additional drive and the issues are persisting even after removing the drive. I will be attempting to rebuild the server from scratch when I get a chance to rule out any configuration issues.
  6. Found the config and wiped it out. Rebooted to verify the settings actually stuck this time and re-ran a parity check with the same results. I have attached a new diagnostics report. prefect-diagnostics-20180808-1855.zip EDIT: It is worth mentioning that this is while in safe mode.
  7. Those settings were still set as the default when I first started experiencing this issue. I believe I started playing around with the value and even put a config in place to boot up with those options. I changed them in the disk settings before running the most recent parity check as shown below: I can kill that config and reboot the server to see if that helps at all.
  8. So I have been battling with this for a week now and am just about at my wits end at this point. I have had unRaid setup on my server for a few months now and everything has been mostly fine until the most recent parity check on Aug 1st. When I awoke that morning, the parity check was only 5% complete and had ran for over 8 hours. Normally, this check is completed in about 20 to 24 hours with my 8TB drives. I have tried a lot of troubleshooting and have even gone so far as to roll everything back to a single 8TB storage drive and an 8TB parity drive, yet the issue persists. This issue was firs
  9. EDIT: This is apparently solved for some reason. I installed unRaid 6.3.5 and it booted without issue. I then upgraded to 6.4.1 and it still booted no problem. Not sure what the issue was. Hello all, I picked up an ML350e G8 and am working to get it setup, however I am having a few issues even getting started. This may just be a hardware compatibility issue, but I would like to try to confirm that before going out and purchasing more hardware. I was hoping the hardware had been around long enough that it would be supported. The issue I am having is I simply cannot