Two Separate NIC Bonding Groups

Hello,

I would like to segment my VMs & Docker from my Plex plugin & UnRaid.  I have search before and have not found a clear way to do this with my setup. I know vary basic Linux commands, but give me some examples and I think I can figure it out. Knowing my luck its two easy commands and everything is good to go.

I already have one pair of SPF+ 10gb lines setup in UnRaid to the Switch, and is working great.  I would like to group my 4 extra Ethernet ports I have, and setup as a separate bridge.

1.       How do a setup four NICs to Bond with 802.3ad Link Aggregation in the command line (GUI?)?

2.       How do a setup a bridge to this group in the command line(GUI?) so Docker and KVM can see it?

3.       How do I set priority for Unraid to use one bond over another?

Sorry if this seems like a Noob question, just cant seem to figure out how to get this to work.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give

I am looking to segment what data goes through what group.  So I want group A to be just Plex(Plugin) and Unraid, and group B to be VMs and Docker.

So I don't know if I missed it in 6.3 but when I updated to 6.4 I found how to get the 2 separate bridges setup.  KVM sees both bridges but docker only sees the one, also is there a setting to have Unraid NAS only use one group? 

Edited by Shigo_Naito

In a nutshell, you will have bond0 and bond1 network devices.

You did not indicate if you have VLANs or more than one subnet so...

Ensure that only bond0 has IP address (unraid IP); there is no need to assign IP to bond1

Then you can bind VMs to bond1 easily, but for Dockers, you need to delete the bond0 docker network and create the bond1 docker network.

Make sure that the bond1 docker network DHCP pool  does not overlap with the pool used by your router/network because Docker assigns IP to containers without using the DHCP server or checking if IP is already in use.

Advice: You should stop using PLEX (plugin) and use the docker container instead

9 hours ago, ken-ji said:

In a nutshell, you will have bond0 and bond1 network devices.

You did not indicate if you have VLANs or more than one subnet so...

Ensure that only bond0 has IP address (unraid IP); there is no need to assign IP to bond1

Then you can bind VMs to bond1 easily, but for Dockers, you need to delete the bond0 docker network and create the bond1 docker network.

Make sure that the bond1 docker network DHCP pool  does not overlap with the pool used by your router/network because Docker assigns IP to containers without using the DHCP server or checking if IP is already in use.

Advice: You should stop using PLEX (plugin) and use the docker container instead

In addition to what ken-ji recommends.

With unRAID 6.4.1 you can select Docker networks from the GUI under Docker settings. Just uncheck the bond0 interface, and fill-in the desired network settings on the bond1 interface.