Asmedia ASM1061 and unraid issues

Hi, so I have ordered a HBA card and now waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime I am making do with using the Sata cards that I have leftover from my HP Microserver (also running unraid).

This sata card is a 2 port Astrotek CPE6A Asmedia 1061. I have been running this perfectly fine on the N54L. But on this new server box I am assembling, Unraid 6 does not see the drives connected to this card.

What can I do to make unraid 6 to see the drives again?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Benson said:

Does BIOS CSM enable and in AHCI section see the attach drive ?

Yes. It sees the drive. Unraid doesn't.

46 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Asmedia still works with unRAID, either the controller is not being detected or you have another problem, diags might show the problem.

I am going to install this card on another PC, run the trial version of unraid and see. I will report back.

Ok. now tried a few things and finally swapped the Asmedia card with the intel nic card on the nas box (originally i have the asmedia card plugged into the PCIE2.0x16 slot) and plug this asmedia card into a dedicated PCIE2.0x1 slot. Boot unraid and unraid see the drives. if I put the asmedia card back into the PCIE2.0x16 slot it is not working.

So I guess I can consider this mystery solved for now. - asmedia card will need to be in its own PCIE 2.0x1 slot.

Will be running the box this way until the HBA card I ordered arrived.

Thanks Benson and Johnnie for your input.