No USB devices detected in VM after passing through the controller

Hello everyone,

I am very new to unRAID.

I'm running it on a G4560 (which supports VT-d) on an MSI Z170 Gaming Pro AC motherboard in the UEFI of which I have enabled vritualization.

I have a Windows VM set up to work but I'm having a hard time passing a PCI-Express USB card I bought from AliExpress. The card has a Renesas Technology Corp. uPD720201 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 03).

It is detected by unRAID in the System Devices

I watched @gridrunner 's super video tutorial about how to list the different USB buses and IOMMU groups. However, there is something I must be doing wrong.

The first script lists the USB buses and devices as below :

image.png.f5a8aa0bab1c8397844c039272edda82.png

The USB bus I definitely would like to pass through is the number 4, which represents the two front panel USB ports. I suspect that the number 3 is the 2 rear USB ports of the same PCI card but even when I connect a USB key to these ports it doesn't show up.

When I run the second script @gridrunner shared in his video, here is what shows up :

image.thumb.png.84d852bd5acb30889c29103c4a4ca761.png

So the code I inserted inside the Flash drive's config is :

vfo-pci.ids=1912:0014

Which makes the Flash config :

default menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 50
label unRAID OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append vfo-pci.ids=1912:0014 initrd=/bzroot
label unRAID OS GUI Mode
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui
label unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode
label unRAID OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui unraidsafemode
label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

(by the way, it's nice that the USB controller supports reset I guess)

Yet, I can't pass through the PCI device in my Windows 10 VM's settings, and I can't see USB devices in the VM's explorer when I connect them.

I have already tried to update the drivers of the USB controller but Windows says the ones already installed are already up-to-date.

Here's a screenshot of the Device Manager in Windows :

image.png.c15b94be1aabe5f9458ec00fe9093d1f.png

The USB controller shows up but I can't detect any USB device plugged in when I go to the file explorer.

I just tried switching to QC35-2.9 instead of i440fx because the Help reads that QC35 may handle PCI-E devices better than i440fx. But maybe that was a wrong move?

I'm really lost and since I'm new to this the only thing I can do is search for people who've encountered the same problem but I can't really find any.

So to summarize :

1. Problem 1 : USB devices only show up in unRAID if plugged in the front USB ports, not in the back USB ports
  2. I don't have any PCI device to check in the Windows VM settings, only the USB devices plugged in the front USB ports
  3. Even though the Flash config was editted to pass the USB controller through, I can't really use it in my Windows VM for some reason.

Could you please help me? Thank you in advance.

Edited by CiaoCiao