RGB Headers - Z370 AORUS Gaming 7

Vanum

Hello LimeTech! 

First off, this is not my first unRaid server. This is actually my third, so talk tech-y to me ;) 

I have purchased the Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 motherboard with plans of building a 2-in-1 rig for me and the wife. Since this motherboard has a couple RGB headers, I wanted to know if I was going to be able to control these either through the host or can they be passed through to one of my VMs. 

If they cannot be controlled through the  host or one of the clients, I can control them through the BIOS. Obviously that isn't ideal as I don't plan on seeing the BIOS screen very much since the server will always be on. 

Thanks for your help! 

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2018 at 4:12 PM, Vanum said:

Hello LimeTech! 

First off, this is not my first unRaid server. This is actually my third, so talk tech-y to me ;) 

I have purchased the Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 motherboard with plans of building a 2-in-1 rig for me and the wife. Since this motherboard has a couple RGB headers, I wanted to know if I was going to be able to control these either through the host or can they be passed through to one of my VMs. 

If they cannot be controlled through the  host or one of the clients, I can control them through the BIOS. Obviously that isn't ideal as I don't plan on seeing the BIOS screen very much since the server will always be on. 

Thanks for your help! 

Did you ever find a solution to this? 

• 4 weeks later...

I did not. I looked everywhere and I wasn't able to find anything that would control the RGB headers via the host. Only via the BIOS and that wouldn't always last. 

I haven't checked around since posting this to see if anything has changed since then. So there might be a solution out there now!