I was dumb - I need help. (Docker Permissions)

noja

I'll own up to the dumbass move a couple weeks ago of having some problems with permissions and despite all the warnings I knew already (and completely intending to use Docker Safe New Perms) I STILL clicked and used the other more sinister new permissions script. 

At the time once I realized what I'd done, I kinda freaked out a bit but decided not to do anything rash like "easily restoring the previous day's backup" while I checked to see what was wrong.  (As a side note, if we could ever figure out how to exclude Plex from the backup that would be awesome - restoring Plex takes forever and causes havok with the library metadata)

So over the last couple weeks I thought I was good, but a ton of little things started piling up and now I've realized that certain containers - notably Nextcloud and Plex - are not performing perfectly and the main cause of not really being able to upload certain file types to Nextcloud has shown me that my permissions are a big issue. 

So what do I do now? I have about 15 containers that I use on a regular basis and its been a little long now to go back and restore the backup.  How do I fix my permissions cock-up?  Can I save data from the folders and then re-install the image?   Its somewhat pedantic, but I'd like to avoid restoring because I've made a lot of changes in the last couple weeks.  What are my options?

Thanks!

Archived