Boot Support ESI2308

Not sure if this should be in the support section?

After several hours I finally managed to flash my Silverstone ECS04 with LSI2308-IT firmware p20. Had to create an EFI shell on the usb stick and use a different computer to flash the card. 

In the boot options of the controller, there is this option "boot support" it has options, bios and OS and bios+os and disabled. What should I select for unraid? I see if i set to disabled, it seems to disable the card in the boot ROM, as it says adapter disabled and doesn't scan the drives. I know I need to have it enabled, but which option is best?

I am experiencing a weird issue where the PC goes to a black screen after the adapter bios screen and refuses to boot. Even if I disable it using the boot support option, it still fails to boot the usb. I have had it boot the usb earlier, but I had to turn the PC off due to moving it to where there was network ports. Since then it refuses to boot past the controller boot ROM.

What do you think? could it be the controller or the usb stick? the usb stick looks normal in the bios and is set to the default boot. 

I hate these annoying issues that shouldn't realy occur. Probably another reason to not use an old motherboard. 

Edited by Simontv

Disable the boot support. This prevents the card from trying to boot any of the drives attached to it.

Then double check your BIOS boot order. Since the controller was added, the BIOS might have assigned it higher preference vs the USB stick.

Nothing wrong with reusing an older mother board - just make sure it covers your needs.

I'm maintaining a LGA775 Core2Quad unRAID for my brother. It runs transmission, minidlna, nginx on a 5 disk system with a SIL3112 controller.

and I was running a Pentium G465 for the last 3+ years until I upgraded to a Pentium G4620 simply because I wanted HW assisted realtime transcoding.

I have noticed that the card is actually a 9217 and when downloading the firmware and bios for the uefi for the card, from the LSI website, the zip only contains IT firmware for the 9207. 

I have applied this firmware and it seems to work fine on my pci-e 3 motherboard, as in it allows me to boot to windows or OS when the card is plugged in. 

On my older pci-e 2 16x slot, it is still refuses to allow me to boot to an OS when the card is in. I have checked boot options no luck. It won't allow me to load the f12 boot options and as the bios is quite old it doesn't have the option to boot from the bios. I am thinking the card is to new for the motherboard? 

Annoying issue. I might have to send the card back or probably a better idea buy a new motherboard.