unraid 6.5.1 could not powerdown

singaplex

Hi,

I just had a big issue yesterday, my plex server had allot of issues and I did not understand why so I decided to shutdown the machine and restart it. When I shutdown the machine via the web panel, the panel crashed so I decided to run the command 'powerdown' directly from the server, it give the normal 90 seconds delay to shut down everything but nothing happen and I could not execute any other commands, after 15 minutes I decided to force the shutdown with the power button.

When the machine came back online it ran a parity check automatically with ~5274 errors, this first fail experience really spooked me so I was wondering what happen, how can I prevent this to happen in the future, I've ran unraid for less then 2 months.

The first attachments is the logs at the beginning of the parity check and the second is after the parity check was done.

Thank You

tower-diagnostics-20180506-0555.zip

tower-diagnostics-20180506-1548.zip

Start by reading this thread:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/69868-dealing-with-unclean-shutdowns/

It has many hints about how to setup your server to prevent these types of problems.  (Most of the time, some plugin, Docker or VM is not shutting down and continues to try to write to the array which will prevent it from stopping.  The array not being stopped will always trigger a unclean shutdown which results in a parity check on restart.) 

Archived