unRAID Going Down After Installing PiHole

JRHemmen

I've been running an unRAID server just fine for quite a few months. I decided to install the pihole docker yesterday, and my server has gone down twice since then. If I log on to my router I see that the server no longer has an IP, but yet the pihole docker still does. I can't get to the unRAID web GUI, but I can get to the GUI for pihole. Only after restarting the server 5-10 times did it finally manage to get reconnected to the internet. 

What could cause this? I'm using a Netgear R6700v2 and disabling the DHCP server to allow pihole to handle this. I feel as though the issue lies in this fact. Nothing changed on my network to cause it to go down (I was asleep the first time, playing a game the second time). 

Any advice would be helpful. TIA. 

Would need to see diags, and configuration of network and pi-hole docker.

My guess without this is that the docker is set to BR0 with  an IP and you did not static ip the unraid machine, since unraid cant talk to BR0 to get an ip, when the lease expires it loses connectivity.

My PiHole docker gets up to a extremely high load, and then will start bringing down unraid.  I had to make a cron and restart the docker once every 24 hrs.... :(

Don't know why it happens, happens faster if I leave it on its GUI dashboard screen....

Myk

Archived