Failed Drive - physically clicking, but not Redballed (yet)?

axeman

So one of my drives started clicking this morning. It's an actively used drive - the thing is UnRaid has not detected it as failed yet. 

All I can get from the log is this:

May 28 06:03:10 Tower kernel: blk_partition_remap: fail for partition 1
May 28 06:03:10 Tower kernel: btrfs_dev_stat_print_on_error: 55 callbacks suppressed
May 28 06:03:10 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device dm-15): bdev /dev/mapper/sdu1 errs: wr 18388755, rd 18966224, flush 1256, corrupt 0, gen 0
May 28 06:03:10 Tower  kernel: blk_partition_remap: fail for partition 1
May 28 06:03:10 Tower  kernel: BTRFS error (device dm-15): bdev /dev/mapper/sdu1 errs: wr 18388756, rd 18966224, flush 1256, corrupt 0, gen 0
May 28 06:03:34 Tower  kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

I have a dual parity setup, and would like to assign Parity 2 drive to the failed slot... what's the best way to proceed?

Thanks! Sorry to disrupt the somber weekend. 

49 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Please post your diagnostics: Tools -> Diagnostics

I tried ... but it timed out. As a matter of fact, all of UnRaid seemed to be a bit wonky. The UI wasn't accurately showing spun up/down drives etc. The physical clicking thankfully came from an older drive that was part of the cache pool. 

I had to do a reboot... while it looked like it went down OK, when it came back up, I got an unclean shutdown warning and let the parity check get started. There was something definitely not right, because I had a parity check 2 days ago, get the UI was showing last check at 84 days. I'm on 6.4.1, and havent upgraded yet, but after all this blows over ,will. 

NOW - the real question... since it's one of my cache pool drives that died, how do i start it back up safely? It seems like the cache pool is inaccesible. 

Archived