Cache disk size discrepancy

eruk2007

Hi,

I have 2 Samsung 960Evo NVMe drives (256GB each) installed and both set to be in BtrFS RAID1 in the Cache disk pool.

I have the "appdata", "domains" (1 debian VM) and a share for my Windows VM set to be permanently located on Cache. Now lately my Windows VM keeps going into the "paused" state and I read here in the forum that that is probably caused by a full cache pool. Fair enough, when I look in the Main tab of the unRAID UI there are 249GB full and only 1.08 GB remaining...I guess this is to little for it to work right.But when I go look at mnt/cache with e.g. Dolphin, and let Dolphin calculate the size of the whole mnt/cache folder it only gets to about 160G...where did my remaining space go?

Thanks for any tips.

You cache pool is practically full:

Overall:
    Device size:         465.77GiB
    Device allocated:         465.77GiB
    Device unallocated:           2.05MiB
    Device missing:             0.00B
    Used:             462.94GiB
    Free (estimated):         128.00KiB    (min: 128.00KiB)
    Data ratio:                  2.00
    Metadata ratio:              2.00
    Global reserve:         418.42MiB    (used: 0.00B)

You'll need to free up some space, other utils have a tendency to report the incorrect used and/or free space with btrfs.

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

You cache pool is practically full:

Overall:
    Device size:         465.77GiB
    Device allocated:         465.77GiB
    Device unallocated:           2.05MiB
    Device missing:             0.00B
    Used:             462.94GiB
    Free (estimated):         128.00KiB    (min: 128.00KiB)
    Data ratio:                  2.00
    Metadata ratio:              2.00
    Global reserve:         418.42MiB    (used: 0.00B)

You'll need to free up some space, other utils have a tendency to report the incorrect used and/or free space with btrfs.

hmm, I see, but how do I know what's on my cache pool then? Everything that is set to be on cache is: a 140G vdisk for Win10, a 20G vdisk for debian and appdata (with Plex and some other stuff) I realise that a Plex dadabase can be big...but not ~90GB...or can it?

What else is there that I am not counting?

I just realised that also the size computation tool for each share on the shares tab gives me this problem. If I add up all the "sizes" which shares occupy on the cache pool it is about 175GB...not anywhere near the 250G cache pool size...does this classsify as an unRAID bug or did I just misconfigure something essential?

Check if there's something on the cache pool root, that would be outside a share, either way cache is still full, the btrfs usage output is the one that matters (and in recent versions same for the GUI, it shows the correct used/free space, except when using different sized devices.)

Archived