Appdata share suddenly empty, but files still on cache drive

PaulieORF

This is my first post to the forum.  I've been using Unraid for six months now without any issues, but yesterday I encountered my first and it's pretty weird to me.

In my setup I have a 500 GB SSD as my cache drive, and have my appdata share set to "prefer" the cache drive.  I browsed to my appdata share through Windows, as I wanted to look at something in my Plex logs.  Strangely the share shows as empty.  No files, no folders.  If I go through the "cache" share directly, the appdata folder is there with all its contents.  This explains why my dockers were all running fine.  Inside the Unraid web UI, if I go to the shares tab and click on the folder next to the appdata share, it shows that it's empty there too.

I randomly decided to browse back to the appdata share through Windows and try to create a new folder.  I received an error from Windows saying the folder was no longer located there, or something close to that.  However if I go into the cache/appdata folder, I can see the "new folder" that it created.  If I go back and try to create another folder, I get the error once again, but do see the "new folder(01)", "new folder(02)", etc.

I'm left scratching my head on this one.  I dug around on the forums, Reddit, and Google in general and can't find anyone documenting this same behavior.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I actually just got finished formatting the cache drive, restoring the data (using the community plugin) and then re-adding my docker containers.  So far, everything seems to be working great and the appdata share is working as expected.

Archived