Strange issue now have eth3? (Resolved but not solved)

I replaced my motherboard and booted up and everything was spot on except when I went to confirm my mellanox connectX 2 dual port card was operable I got this surprise below:

I used to have eth0,  eth1 and eth2 but as you can see somehow I now only have eth0, eth1 and a new eth3 but my routing table shows eth2 but both 2 and 3 have the same mac address any takers on how to correct this I did put this in the x8 slot on the board as that is where it will reside but at the moment I don't have a GPU in the x16 slot also I'm wondering if this is causing me boot issues with my other rig that is peer to peer with this NIC?

image.thumb.png.a10a5752e03791729d174b0b9216a4e8.png

image.thumb.png.de27836735d5fb5f6ad8ebc6212c46c4.png

Edited by mrbilky
  • 3 weeks later...

Delete the file network-rules.cfg in the /config folder of your USB device.

The above resets the interface assignments (it looks like eth2 and eth3 exist both with the same assignments).

This also resets eth0. *If* in the past you moved eth0 to a different interface then you need to connect that interface and change the eth0 assignment afterwards.

Thanks for the reply I should post solved but not sure that I did anything to help I appears to have corrected itself, I did reboot, tried deleting the routing table in network settings twice but did not seem to have an affect I reset my router to default settings and then gave up 2 days later I resume trying to figure it out and to my surprise it reset back to the proper assignments gotta love when the happens sure would have been nice to have known what caused it but I'll take it I'm not sure but I think my router may have updated its firmware or something automatically

Aha I think I found the issue I just created a windows 7 VM and it actually used my 10GBe network which is peer to peer so not sure why that happened but I now have the eth3 back under networks will have to see if when I remove the VM it will go back to its original state?