Boot USB causing failure

Tal

Hello All,

I have a really strange error that's coming up when I reboot/power on my server. While it's loading, when it comes to initialising USB devices, I get an error that says usb 1-1.2: device descriptor read/64, error -110. After that, other USB ports fail with error -71, then modprobe: FATAL: module bonding not found in directory /lib/modules/4.14.49-unRaid and then it cannot find device "bond0" and finally comes up with a random ip address. The only way I've found to bypass this problem is to unplug the boot drive when the first error comes up (line 763 in syslog) and plug it back in again. unRaid then boots and functions normally. I'd be very grateful if someone could help with this as I have to actually be at the machine if I want to reboot. I've tried different USB ports to no avail. Even a fresh unRaid install doesn't help. Thing is, this issue is recent and I've been using the same hardware for over a year now. This is all if it detects the USB at POST in the first place. Sometimes I have to power down, pull out the USB, plug it back in and then power up for it to be detected by the m/b.

Also, weird taint issues coming up with pfSense if anyone fancies helping with that one too XD

Phew.

diagnostics-20180729-1432.zip

Archived