Chrome OS VM GUI

LimeB

The Graphics card option in the template needs to be set to VNC. Once you've started the VM click on its icon in the VMs page of the unRAID GUI and choose VNC Remote from the menu. That should open a new browser window. Does that not happen? It should work for any VM, not just ChromeOS.

16 hours ago, LimeB said:

I just setup a Chrome OS VM, just the default template, but I don't seem to have a GUI. How do I go about getting a GUI for it? Sorry, I'm a total noob to ChromeOS and just can't seem to find the answer.

are you really using ChromeOS or ChromiumOS ?

5 hours ago, John_M said:

Your problem is that the OS is failing to boot and dropping you to the UEFI shell. Try using SeaBIOS in your template. Turn on Help for more information.

Okay cool, that at least got me not to the shell prompt. Different issue now but I think it is because I never selected the OS Install ISO to install when setting up as I had thought it would pull it automatically and being I saw the shell command line, I thought it was Chrome OS but not the GUI.

4 hours ago, ijuarez said:

are you really using ChromeOS or ChromiumOS ?

Actually I didn't realize there was a difference until now. I do want to just run Chrome OS to play around with it, see maybe if I wanted to get a cheap Chromebox for a few various reasons.

Actually I didn't realize there was a difference until now. I do want to just run Chrome OS to play around with it, see maybe if I wanted to get a cheap Chromebox for a few various reasons.
Yep , I often wonder how parrallels software let you spin up a real chromeOS vm.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Archived