We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Copying to unraid server from windows 10

icemounty

Hello.

I am currently running unraid 6.5.3

I also have my unraid server mapped as a network drive (Z)

Windows operating system is windows 10 Pro, with 12GB installed memory

My issue is that when I drag and drop files onto my unraid server using windows explorer, the transfer speeds are 30-40mb/s and will drop lower when my pc is under heavier loads.  I have recently installed a Samsung 500GB SSD card, but have not gotten around to making it the boot up drive.  That drive is operational, I just haven't changed the bootup order in my bios, mainly because I am seeding a lot of files in utorrent.

My question to anyone that can help, what can I do to increase the transfer speeds from windows 10 to my unraid server.  Is there a setting that I need to enable or a docker that I should be running that would help improve transfer speeds.  I do have my server hardwired to my router with ethernet cable.  

AS Rock Motherboard X370 Taichi

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core

16 GB Ram

Linksys WRT 32X Gaming Router

Speeds in the range 30-40 MBps are not atypical when writing to the parity protected array.  

if you have a cache dr9ve and are writing to a share which had Use Cache: Yes set then it should be more like 100 MBps (I.e. limited to the network speed of 1 gbps).   Writing directly to the array w9thout using the cache also goes faster if you enable Turbo Write, although that has the downside that all drives will be spun up while the writes are taking place.

17 minutes ago, icemounty said:

Looks like its not enabled.  Most of my folders are located under my media share, and that media folder says that use cache disk is set to no.  

No

Yes

Only 

Prefer

Currently set to NO

If you want the cache to be used then change it to Yes.    Turning on the Help in the GUI gives more information on the exact meaning of the different settings.

Archived