Extreme CPU Utilization [/var/tmp/sustes]

Stupifier

Been running on UnRAID 6.5.3 for about 60 days straight.....then all the sudden my CPU utilization spiked to near 100% permanently. htop shows the following process hogging practically everything.

/var/tmp/sustes -c /var/tmp/wc.conf

I reboot server only to see this process show itself within 5-10 minutes of bootup. I decide to kill the process. CPU utilization normalizes. It has been about 15 minutes and I have not seen it since.

Any ideas?

I discovered the culprit was the NodeRed-OfficialDocker container..........it became infected with a crypto miner!

More info about it here.....I had to inspect each of my Docker Containers one-by-one until I found out where it was hiding. I have no idea how I got this or if this is something pushed in from DockerHub or CA.......

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/what-is-this-sustes-in-my-process-in-my-cpu-stats

14 hours ago, Stupifier said:

I discovered the culprit was the NodeRed-OfficialDocker container..........it became infected with a crypto miner!

More info about it here.....I had to inspect each of my Docker Containers one-by-one until I found out where it was hiding. I have no idea how I got this or if this is something pushed in from DockerHub or CA.......

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/what-is-this-sustes-in-my-process-in-my-cpu-stats

It certainly isn't CA.  Not that I really have any clue about NodeRed, but I'd suggest that if that process actually is a crypto miner, then it got added to the container via some project or something that you created with NodeRed.  If not, the proper place to report something like this is on NodeRed's project page / forum.

For the time being unless this is definitely determined to be from the container itself (which it doesn't appear to be on my system on a quick install) and not by something which you added / did,  NodeRed (official) will remain in CA.