Help Setting Up Unraid Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 Motherboard

Bytales

I have a 32 core AMD Epyc CPU inside the Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 Motherboard, link for the motherboard is here:

I have 2 AMD Vega Frontier Edition strapped in the lower slots, 64 gb RAM, 2 NVME SSDs and one 10 TB HDD.

I also have a 4 port USB 3.0 PCI express card with individual chips for each ports, and a pci Express gigabyte Wireless card. Also a USB 3.0 wire ASUS wifi card. I believe these are detected properly.

1)First problem is IOMMU lists as disabled

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/481779566159855617/493891329663827968/unknown.png

And i have no ideea how to turn it on, havent seen anything in bios about turning it on. I suppose i have to write to gigabyte to make a bios that enables it ?

Without this setting i cant make two independent pcs out of this as it seems.

2)Second problem is provided i find a way to enable IOMMU, is that both Vega cards are on the same IOMMU groups and linus said in his VIDEO the GPUs had to be on different IOMMU groups. He pointed out one would need to do a trick to make them appear on two IOMMU groups. I wanted to know what i need to do to make that happen.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/481779566159855617/493931011239837711/unknown.png

I also had a problem making the motherboard recognize the usb stick with UNRAID; because how i had everything set up through 4 usb 3.0 hubs, but i modified a bit the ports, and now everything appears as it should, i think, both keyboards are lighted up.

Really my biggest concern is not being able to enable IOMMU. If it cant be enabled, its all for nothing.

3)Question, Can i store some other stuff on the UNRAID memory stick, i got a 32 gb stick, and there is a lot of free space there i could use as backup sotrage for my documents for example. Making another extra folder there, wont impact the functioning of unraid, or ?

An User named WANg helped me on serverthehome Forum, and showed how i can enable IOMMU. I will try that when i get home, now the next issue, do the Videocards, really Need to be on different IOMMU Groups to create the two virtual machines with their Independent OSes ?

Can anyone Point me to a resource which Show how i can do what it is needed. im new to this, i dont even know what to Google. Damn !

I managed to enable IOMMU it was in a hidden option within the motherboard menus.

Next stupid question.

I reached the point where i am creating the Virtual windows Machine. And i need to select the ISO with the Windows installer. However there is no ISO in the list, presumably because the ISO shares has no ISO within it. How do i copy or move a ISO to the ISOs share from the laptop i use to web manage unraid ? i see no "download" to share button, or move to share, or anything.

The Linus Film made it so like it is something that everybody would know how to do, but it seems its not self understandable.

Now the IOMMU Groups are properly listed. I have managed to acces the share as well from Windows. It just Needs Network discovery on. What a shit. That took me 1 to 2 hours of tinkering and googling. Now i have have a whole deal of other Problems.

1) 2 SSDs in the SSD Cache halve their total capacity. I was expecting full capacity for the SSD Cache aray. Aparently a RAID0 can be created.

2) Windows VM boots in UEFI BIOS, apperently there is a code that must pe inserted to circumvent this.

3) Still Need to tinker with the whole USB hubs i have, since some devices are missing, (usb Sound Card) and a PCI express wireless Card i cant seem to find.

Oh, my God, what a pain in the ass this has been coming from someone who only knows how to install Windows.

For those of us who wanted to Know, the Motherboard does have an Option to enable IOMMU, but ist hidden, and ist also not listed in the Manual specifically. Very very bad. I took every menu Hand by Hand and found it.

For those that want to know here is where it is:
AMD CBS Menu >> NBIO Common Options >> NB Configuration >> IOMMU

Archived