Having trouble adding my 14th disk - Unrecognized on unraid

Pjrezai

Hey guys, I already have 11 array drives and 2 cache drives. I am looking to add an additional 8TB drive I have as parity - finally. However, whatever I do I cannot get this drive recognized by unassigned devices (to preclear and add).

So first, I bought an additional 4 port IO Crest which i already had 2 of and those controllers were working great. However, when i bought a third and connected that drive to it, the drive wasn't recognized. I then removed that controller, bought a Syba SD-PEX40104 PCI-Express 8-Port Internal SATA 6Gbps Dual Chipset PCI-E V2.0 x 1 Slot Controller Card (Marvell 88SE9215 chipset), and used that 8port controller to replace one of the working 4 port controller - therefore I had 4 additional ports available. I did this because I wanted to remove the possibility that the pcie slot was the problem. Anyway, I connected the new drive to that controller (which already had the 4 array drives connected to it). When i rebooted the server, all the array drives were fine but still that additional drive I added was not showing up.

Therefore, I removed the possibility that it is a controller or chipset problem, as well as it being a pcie port problem. I have also tried other SATA cables. Therefore I have no clue what the problem could be :(

**I even plugged it in to my friend's unraid server with the same controller (he has that same sata controller) and it works!!

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED :):)

warm regards,

John

Archived