New build advice

I am running an unraid server and a Windows 10 pc. Specs below

Unraid Server
M/B: Supermicro - X8DTL
CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU L5520 @ 2.27GHz
HVM: Enabled
IOMMU: Enabled
Cache: 256 kB, 1024 kB, 8192 kB
Memory: 12 GB (max. installable capacity 192 GB)
Network: bond0: fault-tolerance (active-backup), mtu 1500
eth0: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500
eth1: not connected
Kernel: Linux 4.18.10-unRAID x86_64
OpenSSL: 1.1.0i

600 watt Power supply

5 6tb WD RED drives and 1 8tb parity drive

Home PC
Motherboard   Asus P8Z77-V LX 
Memory   Corsair CM3B4G2C1600L9 2x4GB
8GB  DIMM DDR3 clocked @ 1600 MHz
Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
Cpu Intel Core i5-3570K   overclocked
LGA1155, 1 CPU, 4 cores, 4 threads Base clock 3.4 GHz, turbo 4.1 GHz
OS Windows 10

1: Is it possible to build a new server and merge 2 computers into 1 and have a family/wife friendly Windows 10 vm running through unraid where I can hot swap USB devices. 

2: Usage is media storage for kodi boxes, running maybe 8 dockers, 1 plex transcode, main windows vm which I do 1080p video and photo editing plus some medium gaming usage. I would like the option to run maybe a couple of other vms as I like to tinker and learn. And of course be future proofed. Using the 5 6tb WD RED drives and 1 8tb ironwolf parity drive from my current server. 

3: Cpu's I've been looking at Xeon e-2176g £399?, Xeon w-2135 £750 & w-2145 £1050 (very expensive though) i7-8086K £489,  i9-9900k £599 but no eec memory with i7 and i9. 6 core or 8 Core, eec memory or no eec memory. 

4: How much memory would be needed and would a nvidia 1060 or higher gpu be enough? 

5: Where and what to install Windows vm on. 

Advice and constructive criticism welcome. 

#1 and #2 are definitely doable with a good CPU with a decent core count. 

I run 3xW10 VMs on my build where each has 3 cores out of 14 so approximately a passmark of around 3700.  Each works absolutely fine for medium gaming (Doom, rocket league) , so I'd use that as your yardstick for gaming.  For Plex they say you need around 2k passmark per transcode, but personally I think this is out of date and should be lower now and also you can limit transcoding needs by using the right clients or creating optimised versions in advance.

#3 have you considered threadripper?  If I was buying a new CPU this would be on my 'most consider' list due to the high core/£ ratio

#4 unraid doesn't need a lot of RAM, but I'd budget 8-10GB per concurrent VM

#5 unRAID manages creating the VMs for you - you just need a licence key (I get mine of ebay for a few quid) and a GPU, keyboard and mouse to passthrough to each concurrent VM

Thanks for replying DZMM. 

Reading posts here on the forum Intel cpu seems to be more stable and reliable for vm usage. 

If I create 3 vms and allocate the same core 0 & 1 and 10gb of ram to each vm, am I correct in thinking that each vm will share the 2 cores and the same 10gb of memory.